A well-maintained office leads to a healthy & hygienic work environment. It ultimately boils down to higher productivity, satisfied workforce & Customer delight. Office Infrastructure including painting plays a vital role in sustaining its look. A strict vigil & discipline makes it look new for a longer tenure.
Firstly, we need to know certain facts that are associated with this important aspect.
- Do we know how much cost do we incur each time we get the Office repainted?
- At what time frequency we are getting the repainting done?
- A single dirty mark on the wall may lead to entire wall repainting irrespective of its size/shape
- A challenging task in the 24×7 workplace
We have assimilated some important points that would support this crucial activity for any organization:
- The facility management team may define the Life span of their office painting & educate the internal customers about various actionable including past expense Trend. The number speaks on its own
- It is you to decide whether you want to use Oil-based paint (Luster paint) or water-based (Plastic emulsion). Generally Corporate do not use Oil based paint in the running office as it stinks for 2-3 days if improper ventilation is given. They use it during the FO (Fit Out) stage instead they use plastic emulsion in the running office which does not stink as it is water based but has high maintenance.
- One should circulate the Advisory at regular intervals. The office is our second home thus we should take care of the office Infrastructure as we do it at home
- This can only be done in parts. Clear instructions to be passed on to the service provider workforce to clean the surface simultaneously, use masking tapes at all joints & adjoining areas. Certain areas to be cordoned off for minimal disruption to the staff
Now Let us talk about some impacted office areas that are prone to frequently get dirty with its root cause & preventive care;-
|Impacted Area||Reason||Preventive Care|
|Cabin Meeting/Conference Room Wall||In case of Over Occupancy when people stand, rest their shoes on the walls & put their shoe marks above the floor skirting||
|Wall space up to the height of staff chair handles||The corner staff chair handle touches the wall time and again & wall paint gets peeled off||
|Staircase walls/ Passage walls/ adjoining area of door frames i.e. Chaukhat||Support staff put their hands to rest while cleaning, Office staff lean upon the walls, etc||
|Trap doors||Support staff/ AC Technicians or any other labor staff leave dirty marks while cleaning/ opening/closing for repairing purpose||
Chair Marks On the Wall Shoe Marks On The Wall Dirty Marks On Trap Door
** The preventive action steps may differ from Organization to Organization